Friday, October 17, 2014

KALASH CLAY MURAL BY RECYCLING CARDBOARD

Hello friends, hope you all are busy with your diwali preparations!! Today am sharing with you all my first attempt, in making a clay mural. I got introduced to this clay mural through the fb page fevicryl hobby ideas. I wanted to try it out  and it was pending in my wish list for a long time. Since the Diwali is approaching I decided to make a clay art of Kalash and here it is.



I used white air dry clay for my project.


Here goes the procedure:

Draw kalash in a cardboard  and cut it out. ( I used cardboard from an old packaging box). Cover the cardboard with a primer like gesso. ( I used white acrylic paint).

Draw the design of your choice . Here I have drawn a swasthik design. Roll the clay and paste it onto the design.

To make the leaves:
Take a small cmount of clay and roll it into a tear drop shape. Press it gently to get the shape of the leaf. Draw veins on the leaf using knife.

To make the coconut:
Take more clay and make a bigger tear drop shape. Press it to get the shape of a coconut. Cut a small sector down and draw lines using a knife.

To make the flower:

Cover the sides with golden ribbon and paint the kalash using the colours of your choice.



Apply 2 coats of varnish or glue and gloss to get the shine.


Hope you all liked my clay mural work.... Have a crafty weekend .... 

Submitting to
Imaginations Challenge - " festivals






4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Ramya its sooooo Lovely.. love the kalash .. :) Thanks for sharing ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the traditional look of the kalash..thanks for joining us at imagination..
    hugs
    khusboo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ramya !
    the kalash is definitely a headturner simply cz of its beauty and also sine its your first attempt in clay work!
    im sharing it on my page here https://www.facebook.com/thecraftyangels :)

    ReplyDelete